Confused by International Expat Retirement Planning?
Over the past few years, more and more people have come to realise that they must plan for retirement carefully if they are to retire at the age and income level they originally desired.
Gone are the days of your employer, or the state, looking after you in your ‘golden’ years. An ageing population means that generous pension plans such as ‘defined benefit schemes’ are no longer paid out.
Why is Expat Retirement Planning so difficult?
Expats often move around, and this transient lifestyle can make retirement planning difficult; forming coherent financial plans for the future may slip down the list of priorities.
Currently, if you make use of a domestic pension scheme from your country of origin, you may not be able to gain access to the funds or move the money before reaching retirement age. What this means is that you accrue small sums in various places that do not add up to the equivalent of what you would have been entitled to if you had worked in one place for that period of time.
It can also become incredibly complex managing numerous pension pots under different countries’ regulations. Some expats may not be able to predict exactly where they will eventually retire, or even whether they will remain an expat or return home.
So, what is the solution?
An international private retirement plan to supplement your employer and state provision.
Offshore expat retirement planning offers a great solution to the transient expat who, just like their local counterpart, wishes to invest and make financial plans for their future. The inconvenience and disruption of having to re-establish a new retirement plan every time you move country is negated by this geographically portable solution.
You can contribute from whichever country you live in and you can withdraw funds from wherever you decide to retire. The plan stays in the same place, and grows tax-free in a tax-efficient area, while you move around.
This is the perfect solution to any expat’s long-term retirement investment needs.
Why choose Harrison Brook for your International Expat Retirement Planning?
- We offer discounted international retirement plans through our online advice system and pass the savings onto you.
- Expat retirement planning products are available from a range of the world’s largest banking institutions.
- We are cross-border international specialists, which provides an ideal solution for contractors, oil & gas workers or any transient expat worker.
- UK regulated adviser.
- Ongoing advice and management.
- No restrictions on client location.
- Access to funds that have been handpicked by investment specialists in model portfolios, structured for capital growth, income generation or both.