Expats, international and remote workers have only had limited options available to them, dominated by offshore life insurance companies, until now. Here at Harrison Brook, we have made it our main objective to help our clients save cross-border to make the most of your money. Since our launch in 2013, we have partnered and developed a range of products and services, combining modern technology and full transparency, to find the best deal to help you live the life you choose.
How Do We Achieve This?
- No upfront or backend charges on investments – only ‘clean’ class funds
- No commission or hidden fees
- Detailed risk profiling to understand your financial priorities and risk appetite
- Standardised risk-graded model portfolios, assessed and adjusted as required
- Using a combination of ‘passive’ and ‘active’ investments, with a focus on keeping fund costs low
- Utilising UK FCA regulated solutions that are available globally
What does Harrison Brook invest in?
- Exchange Traded Funds, such as Vanguard, BlackRock iShares, etc.
- Mutual funds
- Bank deposits
- Discretionary Fund Managers (DFMs)
What does it mean for expat and international investors?
Harrison Brook believe that every client and investor should clearly understand the underlying philosophy shaping the investments they are following and ensure that this matches their attitude to risk. This is an approach that you will discuss and work on with your Harrison Brook financial adviser. Together, we will create a clear and targeted personalised plan, developing an understanding of the relationship between the cost and potential return/value and maintaining diversification of assets to avoid overexposure to potential risk.
The core of our model portfolios is built up with a ‘passive’ investment strategy. That means we don’t try and beat the market by moving or selling investments on a regular basis. We choose well known, high quality, low-cost funds to build a risk-graded portfolio. This is then tracked and assessed against a benchmark; a quarterly review meeting can also be arranged with your appointed financial adviser if required.
We invest in assets all over the globe. To mitigate risk that could occur in a specific area, our investments are highly diverse.
Clients can choose to purchase their own funds via the investment platform, but these would be placed on an ‘execution-only’ basis as Harrison Brook would not be providing the advice in such an instance.