We can help you with your UK pension transfer overseas and give you access to your money across Europe and the rest of the world. Harrison Brook are pension experts offering free consultation on UK pensions transfers for British expats.
Benefits of UK pension transfers for expats
- Consolidate your pensions into one pot
- No annuity purchase necessary
- Full pension access available on all SIPP and certain QROP schemes
- Your entire pension fund can be left for beneficiaries, tax-free
- Wider range of investments to choose from – for capital growth or investing for generating income
- Tax-free lump sum
- Removal of Inheritance Tax
- Receive pension income free from UK income tax (QROPS)
- Transparent charges (Harrison Brook work a on fee basis rather than commission)
Want to transfer your pensions?
QROP or SIPP?
The two main options when looking to transfer your pension abroad: QROPS (Qualifying Recognised Overseas Pension Scheme) or SIPP (Self Invested Pension Plan).
Qualifying Recognised Overseas Pension Scheme (QROPS)
Often the preferred option for international pension transfers, but no longer governed by UK regulations, QROPS is an international pension plan. QROPS are typically more suited to those who have a large pension pot (i.e. close to the Lifetime Allowance) as they may help mitigate future tax liabilities for exceeding the allowance when you come to draw benefits.
Self Invested Personal Pension (SIPP)
A flexible personal pension, but with wider investment powers so you have greater control over your future. An international SIPP allows you to transfer and consolidate a UK pension easily to your new home abroad while retaining the protection of UK regulations.
How to decide on the best option for you
When you’re making important decisions about your financial future, getting the right advice is crucial. A good regulated cross-border financial adviser will save you both money and hassle. The initial consultation should always be free with no obligation and they should be upfront about the costs of their service. Whether you opt for a commission-based model or a set fee, you want to avoid any nasty surprises so don’t be afraid to ask for references and testimonials.
Unsure on the best option for you?